Role Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Based in Bournemouth HQ
Hours: 37.5h per week
Salary: £30k-£40k dependent on experience
Team Leader’s Title: Marketing and Communications Director
Are you currently an experienced Marketeer within the FMCG or e-commerce sector and would like the opportunity to work for a sought-after scale-up food-tech company in the Dorset area that’s going global? If so, Mr Lee’s are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the marketing and communications plan across the business. Engaging our customers & consumers through traditional and online media, ecommerce platforms development, social media and content management.
- This mid/senior position within the business will work closely with the Brand and Design team to support the brand vision, equity, values and guidelines in all the work that they do.
- You will be responsible for proactively leading the implementation of Annual Marketing & Communication Plans that meet the target audience needs and deliver continued profitable growth for Mr Lee’s Pure Foods, to be measured by key KPIs.
- Ensure all campaigns are launched to deadline with a clearly identified target audience and results focused KPIs, reporting back to the directorship.
- Work with Marketing Director to plan, book, manage and work consumer experiential events, trade shows, in-store and office sampling, with full budget responsibility.
- Implement, manage and measure marketing plans that are data and insight driven and covering multi-channel including direct marketing, PR, digital, social, advertising, events and research in line with the marketing strategy and individual brand strategies.
- Working with the Sales Team to enable them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
- Report on the effectiveness of the marketing campaign using pre-determined KPI. Evaluate all activity against defined KPI’s to ensure ROI is optimized.
- Day to day contact and management of relationship with Design, Marketing, PR and Social Media teams and agencies, implementing projects and ensure briefs supplied are met.
- Liaising closely with all departments to ensure marketing support every area of the business where needed.
Social media and community management:
- Helping to create, and fully owning, the marketing and communications plan. Implementing the monthly social media content calendar, briefing external agencies where required and liaising with social media agencies for all community management. Includes budget management responsibility.
- Responsible for proactively developing and implementing our community management strategy, alongside partner agencies, across social media and email to deliver into overall business goals, to be measured by key KPIs. This exciting role is broader than social media platforms as it covers our overall community and the channels where we are building relationships.
- Community Management – Accountable, alongside partner agencies, for the day to day performance of social media and weekly email newsletters.
- Manage the creation, delivery and reporting of content plans across all Mr Lee’s social media channels and email in line with agreed KPIs on all social media channels inc. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn and Email, flagging areas of concern when appropriate. Ensure delivery fits brand positioning (including tone and style), strategy.
- Deliver paid social campaigns for on-going activity and support the delivery of brand campaign paid social media.
- Day to day budget management & tracking for social media and email.
Ecommerce and digital marketing:
- Managing development alongside head of brand, and our selected e-commerce/web agency, of a new transactional retail website built on Magento M2 platform.
- Managing website updates and developing online shops experiences across 3 continents (USA, Australia, UK) and external shopping platforms incl. Amazon to deliver the customer growth across all of our online platforms.
- Identify ways to drive traffic, conversion, customer retention and overall online improvements.
- Weekly and monthly performance reporting of site and correlated digital marketing activity, focusing on traffic, engagement, conversion and sales.
- Managing paid digital marketing campaigns incl. native advertising and Google Adwords.
- Support the delivery of the overall digital strategy on time and within budget.
- Working cross functionally and with external agencies as required.
- Ensure the delivery fits brand positioning, strategy and target audience’s evolving needs.
- Lead the development of annual content plan to support the marketing & communications plan across multiple platforms incl. blogs, social media, press, email marketing, outdoor marketing etc.
- Ensure the delivery on the content plan and synchronisation with other elements of marketing mix planned in the marketing strategy.
- Lead the development of, and manage all, web content. Including product descriptions, content and blog.
- Working with the Brand Team to define all the marketing materials.
- Implement and oversee the delivery of the marketing activities designed around launches incl. retailers, travel industry, Noodle Kiosks.
- Research and delivery the most cost-effective tactics according to the budgets and marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various client accounts.
Key Challenges in Achieving Goal(s):
- Working with teams across 3 continents and managing expectations and delivery.
- Having ownership for channels that are very visible to the whole business, not just marketing.
- Being clear on your priorities – focusing on the vital few that will deliver for the business.
- Ability to drive for results while bringing others with you on the journey.
- Working with limited budgets which must deliver maximum impact.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level or equivalent - marketing degree desirable, but not essential.
- At least 5 years relevant commercial FMCG or e-commerce experience would be ideal. With experience of community moderation / management as well as experience of building reach and engagement across multiple channels.
- End to end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution. Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective plans across multiple channels.
- Socially-minded individual ideally with solid experience in social media and online communities and a proven track record in managing social media channels.
- Excellent computer literacy including ideally experience in social media tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook/Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox.
- Excellent copywriting skills - experience in writing blogs, social media posts, press releases desirable.
- Must have experience and understanding of production processes and how to manage agencies and partners.
- Experienced in planning and delivering marketing activities across a range of channels: advertising, content, social and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; excellent organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Highly organised and tenacious individual with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and respond to demanding deadlines, capable multi-tasker and completer/finisher.
- Keen problem solving skills-able to use “gut instinct” balanced with analytical evidence.
- Willingness to broaden experience outside of the role as required.
- Cultural fit with Mr Lee’s Pure Foods.
- Competitive salary - £30k - £40k depending on experience
- Opportunity to join the Mr. Lees equity scheme
- Generous holiday package
- Working with a fun, international team and high-growth environment
- Personal and business training budget allocation
- Free noodles!
- Tuesday morning office team breakfasts
- Team events
- Fruit in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Ability to be a part of the Mr Lee’s story!
To apply email [email protected] before 30 September 2019.