Role Title: Group Technical & Logistics Manager
Location: Based in Bournemouth HQ
Hours: 37.5h per week
Salary: £28k-£35k dependent on experience
Team Leader’s Title: Senior Operations Manager
Are you currently working as an operations, technical (Existing food, NPD development) or logistics professional in a food, drink or other consumer goods business? Would you like the opportunity to work for a sought-after scale-up food-tech company based in Bournemouth, Dorset? If so, Mr Lee’s are looking for a detail-focused & technically-minded professional that would enjoy working on a global scale.
The successful candidate will have a pivotal dual role within our group HQ in Bournemouth. The role will be responsible for helping the Snr. operations manager to create and implement the group food standards/technical plan across the USA, European and Australian business. In addition to supporting the team to ensure our finished goods and raw materials move smoothly amongst different countries, customers and regulatory environments.
- Own and improve day to day inbound and outbound UK logistics
- Own, manage and improve the outbound supply chain function from Purchase order through to delivery, setting, maintaining and delivering on KPI’s
- Support the production planning process
- Process the validated output from the UK production plan. Placing purchase orders for finished goods, ingredients and packaging. Tracking orders through to confirmation and on to delivery, ensuring service levels are not compromised
- Be point of reference of global sourcing
- Support the Snr operations manager in UK and Supply chain manager in Australia, in sourcing alternative raw materials in line with contingency planning program and cost reduction program. Manage both in and outbound global logistics using 3rd party expertise where needed.
- Ensure raw material and finished goods technical information is kept accurate
- It is vital that only the latest correct information is available to all the teams. Ensure that old information is updated in a timely manner. This includes, Product specifications, Raw materials database, production information sheets, purchase order and customer order trackers.
- Work with technical consultants and different global business units to build and manage a new/improved Global standards policy. Launching this and ensuring compliance across markets.
- Work with suppliers and co-packers to maintain our global standards policy. Includes assisting with factory audits, new supplier scoping and existing supplier continual improvement plan
- Project management liaison for technical/food
- Work with key stakeholders including executive chef, KTP food scientist, marketing manager and overseas counterparts, to help deliver the new and existing foods improvement pipeline. This includes sourcing needed raw materials, keeping project documents up to date, hitting milestones and co-leading project meetings
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of managing logistics, supply chain or another hands-on operations role is essential
- Excellent organisational ability, must be detail & process focused is essential
- Previous experience in food & drink, or similar FMCG categories is desirable
- Previous involvement or training in a food/technical related role or area of study is desirable
- Project management, or delivery of key milestones/objectives experience desirable
- Ability to act as part of a team, and to identify and solve problems with creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in dealing with suppliers & customers ideal
- High level of English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong reporting skills with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines or schedules
- Computer literacy essential
- Competitive salary - £28k - £35k depending on experience
- Opportunity to join the Mr Lee's equity scheme
- Generous holiday package
- Working with a fun, international team and high-growth environment
- Personal and business training budget allocation
- Free noodles!
- Tuesday morning office team breakfasts
- Team events
- Fruit in the office
- Ability to be a part of the Mr Lee’s story!
To apply email [email protected] before 31 December 2019.