Role Title: Operations, technical & logistics manager
Location: Home or office-based, must have access to Bournemouth HQ up to 3 days per week
Hours: 37.5h per week full-time
Salary: £30k-£40k dependent on experience
Team Leader’s Title: Senior Operations Manager
Are you currently working as an operations, technical/food development (Existing food, NPD) or procurement/sourcing/buying professional in a food, drink or other consumer goods business?
Would you like the opportunity to work for a sought-after scale-up food-tech company based in Bournemouth, and put all of your skills into use on a truly global scale within business-changing projects? If so, Mr Lee’s are looking for a detail-focused & driven professional that would enjoy working on a global scale.
The successful candidate will have a pivotal dual role, reporting to our group HQ in Bournemouth. The role will be responsible for partnering the Snr. Operations manager to administer the group food standards/technical plan across the USA, European and Australian business. In addition to supporting the team to ensure we source the finest raw materials and packaging, and that our finished goods and materials move smoothly amongst different countries, customers and regulatory environments.
- Own and improve day to day inbound/outbound UK logistics and E-commerce availability
- Own, manage and improve the supply chain function from purchase order through to delivery, setting, maintaining and delivering on KPI’s
- Carefully monitor and manage supply and stock-levels within our owned online channels (Website and Amazon)
- Support the production planning process
- Process the validated output from the UK production plan. Placing purchase orders for finished goods, ingredients and packaging. Tracking orders through to confirmation and on to delivery, ensuring service levels are not compromised
- Be an integral part of the team for global sourcing
- Support the Snr operations manager in UK, Supply chain manager in Australia and Country manager in the USA, to source the best raw materials and packaging. In line with contingency planning, quality improvement and cost reduction programs. Contribute to efficient inbound & outbound global logistics using 3rd party expertise where needed.
- Ensure raw material and finished goods technical information is kept accurate
- It is vital that only the latest correct information is available to all the teams. Ensure that old information is updated in a timely manner. This includes, Product specifications, Raw materials database, production information sheets, purchase order and customer order trackers.
- Work with technical personnel and different global business units, to manage an improved Global standards policy. Helping to ensure compliance for our finished goods and materials across our global markets.
- Work with suppliers and co-packers to maintain our global standards policy. Includes assisting with organising factory audits, testing programs, new supplier scoping and existing supplier continual improvement plans.
- Project management liaison for ops, technical & logistics within the ‘Group Food Team’
- Work with key stakeholders that make up our ‘Group Food Team’; including executive chef, KTP food scientist, marketing manager and overseas counterparts, to help deliver the new and existing foods improvement pipeline. This includes sourcing needed raw materials, keeping project documents up to date, hitting milestones and leading your owned functional areas within project meetings.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of managing logistics, supply chain or another hands-on operations role is essential
- Previous experience in food & drink, or similar FMCG categories is desirable
- Previous experience or working knowledge desirable in procurement, sourcing or buying. If no direct experience, then an investigative mindset to seek-out the best global partners for raw materials and packaging in new/existing food projects, and the commercial understanding to pressure-test them for suitability.
- Project management, or delivery of key milestones/objectives experience desirable
- Excellent organisational ability, being detail & process focused is essential
- Ability to act as part of a team, and to identify and solve problems with creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in dealing with suppliers & customers ideal
- High level of English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong reporting skills with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines or schedules
- Computer literacy essential
- Competitive salary - £30k - £40k depending on experience
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme
- Opportunity to join the Mr. Lees equity scheme
- Generous holiday package
- Working with a fun, international team in a high-growth environment
- Personal and business training budget allocation
- Free noodles!
- Ability to be a part of the Mr Lee’s global story!
To apply email [email protected] before 19 June 2020.