Add some green into your dinner with this easy and healthy Stir-fried Green Beans with Pine Nuts recipe which is perfect as a side dish or make it a main meal by adding some chicken or tofu. This simple but versatile recipe is inspired by our Coconut Chicken Laksa.
Stir-fried Green Beans with Lime and Pine Nuts recipe
Taking green beans to a whole new level
Serves 1 - One-Wok Wonder - Wok to wonderful in 10 minutes
200-220g Green beans
2 tbsp Pine Nuts
1 clove of garlic
½ tbsp Light soy sauce
2 tbsp Water
1 tsp Vegetable oil
Half a small lime
Small amount (15ml) of Japanese Sake
1. Gently toast the pine nuts in a hot wok, then set aside in a bowl.
2. Trim the top and bottom off the green beans, then wash.
3. Slice a clove of garlic and add to the work with the vegetable oil.
4. Add green beans, Japanese Sake, light soy sauce and water, and stir for 2-3 minutes. When they are easy to snap they’re cooked.
5. Add in the toasted pine nuts and stir well, squeeze the lime over the mixture.
6. They're ready to serve! Enjoy!