This refreshing spinach salad with an Asian-inspired dressing and toasted pine nuts is the perfect addition to your BBQs. Fresh, flavourful and simple to make, it will become your go-to this summer.
Spinach Salad with Asian dressing
Refreshing salad for summer
Serves 2 – Doddle – 5 minutes – Hero Ingredient: spinach, chilli and sesame oil
- 900g spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped, finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 red fresh chilli, for garnish (chopped)
- 2 tbsp light soya
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
1. Add the spinach leaves and chopped avocado to a salad bowl.
2. Make your dressing by combining finely chopped garlic, extra virgin olive oil, light soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and squeeze of orange juice.
3. Pour the dressing over the ingredients.
4. Toast your pine nuts. Add them to a dry frying pan, turn the heat to medium and keep them moving. Cook until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the salad.
6. Finish off with some chopped fresh chilli.
7. Toss everything before serving.
If you want to find out more about spinach and its health benefits, we have an entire blog post dedicated to this superfood.